SEO or Search Engine Optimization is the process of getting your site more visible in Google and other search engines without purchasing an ad to do it. It’s how people get organic rankings on Google Maps for local search or in the organic search results on a national level.
If you are not familiar with this process it is not a fast track to getting immediate results. It is more of a long game meaning it takes time to get your site ranking. However, there are some ways that you can get faster results. This does not mean immediate but faster. If you want to be visible in Google tomorrow, then a pay per click campaign is the way to go. The downside is that once you do not pay for the ads anymore you disappear as quickly as you appeared, and a campaign will generally cost you quite a bit every month
The Fast Track To Get Organic Rankings Is Long Tail Search
The quickest way to organic rankings is long tail search. These are keywords people type in that are very specific like ” red high heels size 8″ would be an example. Being very specific and descriptive many people do not worry about optimizing for words like this. this gives those of us that do a chance to rank there quickly because the lack of competition for those words. So if you want to fast track your SEO results we use a blended approach to getting it done. One is the short game which consists of going after long tail keywords that can convert into a sale or an inquiry the other is the long game which involves us working on short tail and money keywords that are harder to get but will get there overtime.
When it comes to keywords there are:
- Money Key Words – These are words that people use to find products or services. Words like used car, house for sale or personal injury attorney. Basically, words that translate to someone looking to spend money on a service or product.
- Informational Key Words – These are words that people type in to look for answers or how to’s.
- Long Tail Keywords – Are very descriptive keywords that are specific. For example, 1972 Mustang GT Rear Brake Light.
- Short Tail Keywords – Are words that people type into the search engine that are fairly broad. For example, auto parts, watch or auto repair for example.
The most coveted are the short tail and money keywords. Most of the competition will focus on those and therefore it takes more time and effort to crack the competition and rank there however in the meantime if you cast the widest net using long tail and informative keywords you can fast track your seo campaign!
Why Bother With Informative Keywords?
The answer to that question is that while informative keywords do not always bring you a client or make a sale what they do is to show that you understand your industry and that you truly are an expert in your field.
Many times, the buying decision online is influenced by how you present yourself online. Since you do not have direct communication informative pieces of content will show visitors that you know your stuff as well as maybe earn you a link or two from people that found your information worth sharing!
What people look at before they buy or decide on a service online?
- Online Reviews of the business
- Overall presentation of their website
- The information that they provide
- How quickly they respond to an email
- Is there a phone number or an address on the site
- A Personal referral from friends
While you cannot cover all factors at times having good information online will certainly help establish you as an authority. If you have the means to make videos to go along with good content that is even better!
You can also monetize your informative pages
What you can do is add in a call to action on your informative pages as well as sprinkle in a few products here and there if you sell products. You want people to know you’re not just about information but that you also provide quality services or products.
The other benefit of ranking on informative keywords is that they tend to drive traffic to your site which then google sees which in turn will validate your site in their eyes and you will get more traffic! Google looks at traffic on a site and if you get very little that is not a good signal for them to give you more visibility and give you more. So, if you combine long tail and informative keywords in to the initial stages of your seo campaign things will move along much faster!
The Fast Track To Organic Rankings Looks A Lot Like A Pineapple Upside Down Cake!
- Keyword research – This is where you identify all the keywords that you want to rank for.
- Separate Keywords – Separate your keywords into long tail, informative, short tail and money keywords.
- Start Upside Down – Start your optimization efforts with pertinent long tail and informative keyword optimization and then work your way into the money and short tail keywords.
If you have trouble setting up a campaign like this but you really want to, we are happy to either be your seo consultant and assist you in the set up of a campaign or do the whole seo campaign for you. Talk to us were here to help!